Monday, October 10, 2016

ROCK ON

My taste in music is all over the place. Depending on my mood, you may get in my car and hear anything from Chance the Rapper to Queen. If I am in a full court press mode for testing, you can bet that my earbuds will be blasting classical music ( I like my Mozart loud.) But if I'm angry or irritated, Kanye seems to be the way to go. And of course if it's raining out, or I need to feel one with the world, I like the Cold War Kids, Hozier, James Bay, or Vance Joy. I like to switch it up pretty often, and am always on the search for new music.


Because my mercurial nature is reflected in my capricious musical preference, I tend to listen to a specific playlist religiously for a couple days or weeks, and then get so irritated by the music that it doesn't get listened to for months. For instance, last week I was into relaxing and acoustic music, but this week I've been digging mostly early 2000s rock music. It isn't all from that time period, but each song has a similar vibe to me.

This playlist gets my heart rate up, is great to run to, and overall improves my mood and makes me feel like a rock star. All what I've been needing lately, don't ask me why. Sometimes the music tells me what I need before I know it myself. So here is my playlist, I recommend listening to it LOUDLY. It is entitled ROCK ON, yes in all caps, is there any other way to do it?

PS. Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners is my all time favorite on this playlist, it's actually the song from this scene in Perks of Being a Wallflower. I can't get enough of that song.

Happy Listening!


What have you been listening to lately?
xoxo. LC


No comments:

Post a Comment