Saturday, August 20, 2016

Camp Recap

Hi everyone, long time no chat; it's been a couple of months so let's catch up! This may be a bit one sided but I'm willing to give it a try. 

How has your summer been? What have you been up to? Did you do anything interesting or meet any nice people since we last spoke? What was your favorite meal that you ate in the month of June? Have you developed a new favorite color since we had our last chat? Did you learn anything new or exciting since I left you?

Wow, that's awesome, thank you for sharing! Me? What have I been up to? Oh stop, you're too sweet. 

Well this summer, I spent seven weeks at my favorite place on earth, camp! I've been going to camp for the past eight years and this summer marked my ninth and final summer as a camper. Have no fear, I will be returning next summer as a staff member but having to say goodbye to my days as a camper at the place where I practically grew up was extremely difficult. Let's just say that I cried for hours and do not foresee any camp-related emotional stability in my near future. I had the summer of my life and as a counselor in training, or CIT, I met some amazing new people and learned so much about not only how to care for kids, but about myself as well. I also did some training as a lifeguard which was awesome and everything that I had ever dreamed it would be. I've wanted to be a camp lifeguard for as long as I can remember and actually getting the chance to shadow the lifeguards was an amazing opportunity for me.  

I loved spending the whole seven weeks rather than the short three week session that I usually attend, and it was so nice to have an extended break from not just school, but from the entire world. Camp is my safe place and second home, (click here to read my post from last summer about why I go to camp) but it is also a bubble and very isolating. I love it there and wouldn't trade these past seven weeks for anything, but I am happy and ready to be back. I need to get in the groove of things for senior year! I also have some exciting things planned for the blog so I'm stoked to get things rolling over here as well! 

I'll leave off with a few photos from this summer, until Wednesday! 




xoxo, LC


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great time at camp!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete