Sunday, March 6, 2016

SADIE HAWKINS

For starters, I would like to begin with a formal explanation for where I've been for the past few weeks. It begins with an S and ends with a T. If you guessed SAT, then you'd be correct! I took the SAT (hopefully for the last time) on the 20th of February and needed some time beforehand to devote all of my attention to it, and then even more time afterwards to catch up on all the schoolwork that I had been avoiding whilst studying for a certain "stupid a** test." So, sorry for being MIA. 
Alright, now that I've gotten that off my chest, it't time to get down and dirty. Well not so much dirty, but definitely down. (Do you get it? "down," because it was a dance. Get down? Lmao I just crack myself up.)
  Last night our school had its first Sadie Hawkins dance in a few years. Unfortunately, my high school is known for our lack of school spirit and the year prior to my freshman year they held a spring dance on the same day as some big concert and almost no one showed up. So up until this year, homecoming in the fall and senior prom in the spring were the only dances all year. Fortunately for me, this year's seniors were determined to have one last dance before prom and convinced our principle to give it another shot. And from what I saw I think it went pretty well, considering the tickets were completely sold out. Anyway, I had an amazing time, and feel even more lucky than usual to have such supportive parents and really close friends. Despite how cheesy that may be.
In terms of what I wore, while I was excited about the dance, I wasn't about to go out and drop a lot of money on a brand new dress, so I did what any other rational person would do, I stole this one from an absolute stranger! (dress from free people.)




Nah, I'm just kidding, while I didn't actually buy a new dress, I did borrow this one from my best friend (with full permission,) which she had worn to homecoming in the fall. It was super comfy and if I'm being honest, with all the sparkles I did feel pretty spectacular walking around in it #princessstatus. I was not in the mood to repeat the homecoming debacle, during which I wore shoes to make me a normal height but was then forced to walk around my high school barefoot because of the lack of feeling coming from my feet after a few hours. So I ended up wearing a pair of super comfy wedges (from target of all places) and even though I wasn't super tall and they didn't exactly go perfectly with my dress, my feet thanked me and I was still shorter than my date. Overall, a pretty good decision in my opinion!
The whole night was really fun, because I'm on SGA and am responsible for a lot during homecoming, it always stresses me out. Not to mention that everyone goes all out at my school, fancy dress, party bus, fancy restaurant for dinner, etc. Overall a very stressful weekend. So sadie's was a more low-key and stress free homecoming, something I really appreciated. Enough from me, here are some pictures from the night!


owner of the dress, EHS


my date and me :)


#selfie


another date pic, how cute


night would not have been complete without a quick stop for late-night french toast and milkshakes, duh

xoxo, LC

No comments:

Post a Comment